wine by the color

Sunday, February 03, 2008

I'm sitting on the couch watching the Super Bowl in my favorite Jets sweatshirt. Hey, a girl can dream...

I took this quiz today, and where did the results indicate this proud Jersey Girl hails from?

Wisconsin.

During my quick trip to Orlando this weekend, I was charged with finding a restaurant for dinner for our trio of travelers. I was told, seafood or Mexican. So I spoke to the concierge at our hotel, who recommended a place called Moon Fish.

The food was outstanding. But the cost was staggering. You'll notice there are no prices listed on their online menu. I'm sure that's no accident. They had a piece of fish that cost $54.99. Now, I'm not the most fiscally conservative person, but even I found that ridiculous. For $54.99, it should be served and fed to me by His Holiness.

Edited to add...

Even if the Giants lose, people will talk about Eli getting out of that sack and David Tyree making that insane catch for a long time.

Edited again to add...

Holy shit!

Also, I think Peyton Manning might be my favorite non-Green Bay athlete. To see how fired up he is for his brother is, to use a dorky phrase, really neat.

Another edit...

Stay classy, Bill. No need to stay to the end of the game...

4 Comments:

  • At 2/04/2008 3:06 AM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    Hmm, they got me right...


    What American accent do you have?
    Your Result: The Northeast

    Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

     
  • At 2/04/2008 7:19 PM, Blogger Todd Cohen said…

    Interesting that came up for you, Sandman. I was guessing that you were from Melmac.

    (Another reason why you won't see cats within a 2 mile radius of him)

    JG: Next time you're in Orlando you need to try a place called Seasons 52. Great food and you won't have to spend your mortgage for a meal.

     
  • At 2/05/2008 6:54 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    I'm sensing some underlying tension between you two. Perhaps you should spend a little less time together...

    Thanks for the tip, joker. Fortunately, that meal went on the expense account, so the mortgage remains safe.

     
  • At 2/07/2008 2:33 AM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    Alf rocked

     

Post a Comment

<< Home