wine by the color

Thursday, March 06, 2008

I am no stranger to bad ideas - for example, a midnight visit to White Castle last night.

However, watching the official retirement press conference today at work is an immediate lock for top honors in the Jersey Girl Bad Idea Hall of Fame.



Seriously, what the hell was I thinking watching that live in a work environment? There was no way that was going to end well.

Of the roughly 4,397 articles and columns I have read about His Holiness in the past two days, I think this and this are my favorites.

And I don't know how I missed this little gem...



Good lord, did I just compliment the Evil Empire again? What is this world coming to...

2 Comments:

  • At 3/08/2008 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My husband called me at work to tell me the news when it broke. I have been in a "funk" ever since. My 15 year old son keeps saying, "Favre is a joker, maybe this is a really big prank of his...." Uff Da. I am SAD. Love your blog...LK

     
  • At 3/09/2008 10:55 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    LK: Uff Da! A friend who lived in Minnesota for a few years introduced me to that term. Good times.

    It's no joke - he's done. And while I'll miss his work, he'd best not un-retire, because then I'd have to go through another press conference. And I can't have that.

    Welcome, and thanks for your kind words! :)

    JG

     

Post a Comment

<< Home