wine by the color

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I knew when I saw a huge picture of Favre atop the pages at The Big Lead this morning, the news would not be good. And it is not.

His Holiness is apparently calling it a career.

I can't say this shocks me. Crappy final throw against the Giants aside, 2007 was a much better way to end a career than it would have been at the end of the '06 season.

I'll have much, much more to say about this when I'm not so busy at work and unable to post from the office (special thanks to freakgirl for her assistance in posting this breaking news bulletin). Seriously, if I weren't so busy, I would feign illness so I could head home to focus on this. But work calls, and of course I have a dinner outing after work. Damn social life...

I feel like this right now...



But I will always think of His Holiness like this...



Adieu, adieu. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

2 Comments:

  • At 3/04/2008 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you Mr. Favre for enabling me to go to the SuperBowl. NY (and NJ) will always love you. Until the day I die, I will always believe you lost that game because you dressed for the cold.

    BB

     
  • At 3/04/2008 9:30 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    See? He was a giver. Always willing to sacrifice for the fans.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home