wine by the color

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

To take a quick break from the Favre Festival currently ongoing at Casa Magnolia (yes, I drove home during lunch to set the TiVo for countless consecutive hours of NFL Network coverage - shut it)...

I hope you're sitting down. For the second time in as many weeks, I'm going to say something nice about the Evil Empire.

But this really amused me - two SportsCenter anchors slipped quite a few Springsteen song titles into the opening of the show last week. I believe it was done the same evening the second leg of the tour started in Hartford, close to the Evil Empire's base in Bristol.



A good article in USA Today last week as well, which includes the ability to scroll through Bruce's iPod. Quite cool.

If anyone started poking around my iPod(s), they would no doubt be amazed at the variety of my collection. As I ran at the gym this morning, my shuffle at one point went from the Animals to George Michael to Punjabi MC. I don't want to question the musical range of my fellow exercisers, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who could claim that trifecta.

My gym continues to be a hotbed for dopey antics. If they put a secret camera in the ceiling of the gym and aired the goings-on, I know it would pull decent ratings.

Last week, a petite septuagenarian got onto the treadmill next to me. She was walking at a leisurely pace, which almost turned disastrous when she stumbled. But she somehow caught herself on the side of the treadmill and managed to avoid a spectacular crash.

Given this close call, what did she do next?

1) Give up
2) Resume walking at a safe pace
3) Try running instead

Oh, you know how that worked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home