wine by the color

Friday, April 04, 2008

Dear Fellow Cross-Country Traveler:

Might I introduce you to the wonder of the Ziploc bag...




















Do you see what I did there? I put items that were more likely to leak as my luggage got jostled around during the travel process - on the conveyer belt down to the plane, loading and unloading, and the trip to baggage claim - in an air-tight container. Then, because I'm extra careful, I put that bag in a cosmetics bag for extra protection. I don't want to brag, but it's an almost fail-safe system.

Employing such a system helps avoid, for example, items floating all willy nilly in luggage, allowing the contents to leak all over creation and thus causing the bags of others to marinate in the mess during the six-hour flight. I don't want to rush to judgment, but given the liquid dripping off my bag when it came my way on the baggage claim carousel, I'm fairly certain you did not employ any sort of leak-protection measures.

But, since you did take that packing approach, might I also ask why you were carrying liquid citronella? During the lengthy clean-up process I needed to undertake, I had plenty of time to recognize the undeniable odor of citronella, coupled with a waxy, sticky residue all over my bag. Are you going camping? Were you afraid you couldn't buy citronella in California? Not to be a know-it-all, but I'm pretty sure there's a Wal-Mart here. And Wal-Mart has everything. And it's often open 24 hours a day.

Now, if you're not camping, I certainly hope that stench is not your fragrance. If it is, rest assured you are making a mistake.

Of course, based on my experience, it would not be your first.

Hugs & kisses,
Jersey Girl

4 Comments:

  • At 4/04/2008 3:30 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    Oh, ew.

     
  • At 4/07/2008 7:19 AM, Blogger MooseMan said…

    That is really one of those once in a lifetime experiences.

     
  • At 4/07/2008 9:37 AM, Blogger Joe and Mel said…

    You articulate yourself so well in these circumstances of ire and wrath. I'm sure you'll aid this woesome traveler...if only they see your blog.

    Citrofreakinnella?? Good grief.

     
  • At 4/07/2008 10:27 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    That is really one of those once in a lifetime experiences.

    It had better be. I thought I handled this one fairly well. I can't make any promises the next time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home