wine by the color

Saturday, April 26, 2008

This week's helpful tip for WBTC readers ... if you're near the end of an challenging, hilly bike ride, do NOT attempt to jump a curb as you return to your abode. If my experience is any example, you will not have enough energy left to do so, thus leading to a head-first-over-the-handlebars catastrophe. If any of my neighbors were looking at the window at that moment, I cannot imagine what went through their minds. It must have been a spectacular scene.

On the bright side, I learned I am still capable of flight. And I do not seem to have suffered any broken bones. Fortunately I was wearing a helmet. I saw stars with the helmet on, so I can't imagine what would have happened had I been sans head protection.

While I escaped unscathed, the front wheel of my bike is completely askew and I will have to have it fixed before I ride 45 miles through the five boroughs of New York City in eight days.

In other sassy-lady vehicular news, the crazy niece has her own wheels. And she loves them...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home