wine by the color

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

For a few weeks, crazy nephew #1, who "graduates" from first grade tomorrow, has been repeatedly singing the same lines to a pop song - Hey hey you you I don't like your girlfriend. Apparently his bus driver plays this song for the kids as they travel to and from the elementary school.

We had no idea what he was singing until tonight, when he showed us a piece of paper with the word "Avril" written on it. Thanks to Google, we were quickly able to determine that the song he has been singing is Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend," which features the following lyrics:

I think you know
I'm damn precious
And hell yeah
I'm the mother fucking princess

Hmm. I think my brother might be chatting with the bus driver.

I was going to bitch about the fact that I was still sending work-related e-mails at 3:34 a.m. last night (this morning?) but then I saw Willie got fired a mere half-hour earlier so I guess I can't really complain.

Fortunately, I have a plan. One I'll tell you all about when I'm not so damn busy working 20 hours a day.

Although today was so stressful I was experiencing stabbing pain in my ribs, the day ended well...

In the last week, my younger nephew has repeatedly discussed plans that would lead to a) me moving in with them; or b) him moving in with me. This is no reflection on his feelings for my brother and sister-in-law, I am just currently his favorite person on the planet and he seems interested in spending as much time with me as possible. Which, I have to tell you, is rather nice and makes an overworked, incredibly stressed girl much happier. It's amazing how quickly that little face can melt away stress.

Tonight, during my last visit before I hit the road for two weeks, he unveiled a detailed plan whereby we will use ropes to attach my abode to a truck, then pull it onto the lawn of their home, and use a glue stick liberally to join the two homes together.

Listening to the step-by-step description of his plan was more than enough to make me forget the stress of the day.

At least temporarily...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home