wine by the color

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I'm pleased to report my return trip from Scotland was much less eventful than the trip there. I watched two crappy movies, finished a tremendous book and caught a little shuteye. No mad dashes to the restroom, much to my delight.

Because I was doing the work of three people, I didn't have time to see much except the golf course while in Scotland. But when you're at St. Andrews, seeing the golf course is what's really important. What a place...














You do have to keep your eyes open - the holes are so close they share several greens. Also, "dog fouling." Such a way with words they have...




















Sitting on the Swilken Bridge on a beautiful evening (a photo I expect will become as famous as this one)...














The sunsets were stunning. The sea is across the street from the course so while I was there late writing every night I would sneak out to watch the colors dance across the water as the sun disappeared from the sky...














I will definitely be returning to Scotland. Lovely people, lovely countryside. The food? Not so much. My mother asked for a Scottish cookbook. I'm not sure who she thinks will be eating any of it. She can count me out. The most adventurous thing I ate while there was mandarin-orange chicken kebabs.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home