wine by the color

Monday, July 28, 2008















After an exhausting week on the road and a stressful, stop-and-go drive from Connecticut to north Jersey yesterday afternoon, I was concerned I might not have the energy to go full throttle at the first of this week's three Springsteen/E Street Band shows at the Meadowlands. A crappy weather report, complete with lightning-filled storms, added to my anxiety.

Oh, silly me to have worried.

I mean, if the band is going to treat us to a show like this, the least I can do is give 100%. Of special note was the back-to-back "Jungleland" and "Born to Run." To go from the emotional drama of "Jungleland" into the powerhouse, house-lights-on "Born to Run" was quite a doozy.

Of course, that (and perhaps the several hours of adult beverages) left me so spent that I lacked the energy to drive home after the show. But hey, that's what couches are for...

Last night was particularly special for me not only because of the show itself, but because my brother and sister-in-law attended their first Springsteen concert. If there's anything I love more than seeing a show, it's getting to experience it with first-timers. They seemed to really enjoy themselves, and not just because they were having a rare, child-free evening.

The weather held out, with just a slight drizzle during our tailgate and a few drops during the encore. It was like Mother Nature KNEW not to screw with things.

Another 100% to be given tonight...

(Thanks to the Ledger for the photo.)

4 Comments:

  • At 7/29/2008 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nils did a forward flip during his solo during Because the Night while still playing on Monday night. Did not miss a beat. Most amazing thing I have ever seen done while playing guitar.

    BB

     
  • At 7/29/2008 8:05 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    That was unbelievable. I was also blown away by Max's son on the drums during "Born to Run."

     
  • At 7/29/2008 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    His son was awesome as well. What section were you in? I was in 7, right in front of the sound board.

    BB

     
  • At 7/29/2008 9:22 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    We were in 11, apparently just behind you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home