wine by the color

Monday, July 21, 2008

I hope you are all sitting down.

For I am about to compliment Justin Timberlake and ESPN.

At once.

God help me.

While sitting in a Connecticut tavern last night, I accidentally started watching the ESPYs. And damned if they weren't entertaining.

The highlight of the evening was JT's "I Love Sports" song-and-dance number. Simply fantastic. Last night, I thought several glasses of pinot grigio might have been responsible for my hearty enjoyment of this so I re-watched it today with a clearer head.

Oh yes. It is glorious.



I realize JT didn't write it, but his delivery is spot-on perfect. He apparently (please help me as I say this) has some serious talent.

For someone like me who loves sports and pop culture, this a home run. Well done, ESPN.

I need to lie down. Being so gratuitously complimentary to anything from the Evil Empire has left me a bit light-headed.

PS - Pay no attention to what follows JT's brillant performance. Just hit stop and let that be the end of it...

3 Comments:

  • At 7/22/2008 9:03 PM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    Wow! That was fantastic. I don't know about ESPN, but I definitely have a new-found respect for Timberlake. This cat's talent is being wasted on pop music.

     
  • At 7/23/2008 9:23 PM, Blogger Joe and Mel said…

    I haven't been here in a while and I see I've missed a lot. and missed the fun too.

    I was disappointed in the audience's response to JT. I confess I loved the performance though.

     
  • At 7/30/2008 3:10 AM, Blogger Brooke said…

    OK. I admit it. I was there when JT was at Madison Square Garden a few months ago. It was awesome.

    That said, this was brills! Dude's got talent.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home