wine by the color

Saturday, September 13, 2008

I am a fervent supporter of three football teams. This is what happened to one of them Friday night. I'm not ready to discuss what happened to the second tonight (other than to say my decision to watch the game at home instead of at the local tavern was proven a wise one when the game got completely out of hand, thus allowing me to turn it off and set up the Wii I bought three months ago but have been too busy to deal with since).

That leaves tomorrow's Jets-Pats game as my only hope. The Jets' home opener is always one of my favorite days of the year, and several factors (including the Brady-less Patriots being the opponent, an expected tailgate crowd of more than 30 clowns and yahoos and my brother making a special guest appearance) will only serve to up the ante tomorrow. A rainy weather forecast with temperatures predicted to soar into the 90s isn't ideal, but we'll make the best of it.

And then there is this...




















That His Holiness will run onto the field in East Rutherford tomorrow is still surreal to me. I'm not sure what my reaction will be. If I am not removed from the stadium in an ambulance due to an out-of-control heart rate, I'll provide a full report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home