wine by the color

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

In life, there are friends, there are good friends, and then there are people like Freakgirl, who reminded me five minutes before tonight's premiere of the new 90210 that this was indeed the big night.

I'm blessed to have such good friends.

Many of whom, it's worth noting, have checked in during the past week or so to inquire about the lack of goings-on at Wine by the Color. I wish I could blame the hiatus on something other than a lack of focus/motivation, coupled with a lot going on. I can't. So let's move on.

Outside of the two hours I'll spend tonight getting sucked into the aforementioned show, I don't watch a lot of television that doesn't include men wearing jerseys, shoulder pads or jock straps. But during the long holiday weekend, I watched a ton of Spongebob Squarepants and the like with the crazy nephews. Frequently, as I did so, I'd be reading or playing around on the computer, so I wasn't completely tuned in, particularly during the ads.

But I kept hearing one particular commercial which featured a bouncy tune. Admittedly, I didn't pay much attention to the lyrics, but after about 12 airings I finally looked up to see what was accompanying such a light-hearted melody...



Holy crap.

Then I went back and gave the lyrics a good listen.

Holy fucking crap.

Matthew, in particular, watches this commercial with an absolute glazed look. If this is the kind of messaging that could send a child to a future as a professional killer, I think my brother and sister-in-law are going to really need to keep a good eye on their youngest son.

Speaking of glazed looks, I would have certainly been sporting one had Mr. Springsteen opened one of the New Jersey shows with this, as he recently did in St. Louis...



Other than that, I am busy with a variety of things. Good things. Bear with me, and I'll be with you again soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 9/02/2008 11:57 PM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    I know this is going to sound like blasphemy to some of you, but Max Weinberg fucking blows.

     
  • At 9/03/2008 4:32 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    I'm so bummed I wasn't able to watch 90210 with you. I plan to watch it tonight, but it's just not the same...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home