wine by the color

Saturday, October 25, 2008

8:04 p.m. - I can't guarantee I'll blog for this entire game. And I'm not going to guarantee an OSU victory. But I CAN guarantee that no matter what happens, I won't enjoy anything else this evening as much as I did dancing in the kitchen earlier to Marvin Gaye's "Got To Give It Up" with my niece (including her self-proclaimed "booty shaking") and then having crazy nephew #2 snuggle under the crook of my arm and announce "this is my favorite thing." So while I obviously want OSU to win, it's not the end of the world if they don't.

Remind me I said that in three hours...

8:15 p.m. - I am more than twice the age of OSU's starting QB. That stings a little. But he just ran for a sweet first down, so I'll get over it.

8:17 p.m. - Instead of cheering "Go Buckeyes," Crazy nephew #2 (who should be in bed) is chanting "Go Butt-guys."

8:28 p.m. - Listening to Herbie talk about penetration reminds me of the flick "Wildcats," when Goldie Hawn screams, "Do you know how to get good penetration?" Underrated movie.

8:36 p.m. - Speaking of Herbie, my first-round attire is my favorite "Kirk Herbstreit knows football" shirt. I have a change of clothes, should I need to change to help the team's fortunes. Of course, I tried that during the title game against Florida two years ago and that didn't help at all.

8:42 p.m. - Ooh, "Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." Note to self - remember to watch that.

8:43 p.m. - I hope no one is actually reading this for game analysis. There won't be much of that.

8:48 p.m. - My brother has just made the first anti-Musberger reference of the evening. Something about shoving a microphone up his cornhole.

9:00 p.m. - I can't say I'm thrilled with this field position. OSU at its own 3. This is where bad things happen.

9:01 p.m. - Wow, Michigan lost to MSU by 14. The folks in Ann Arbor cannot be happy. OOOH - but here's who is happy - OSU fans. Great catch and run across midfield.

9:04 p.m. - Well, I've just dropped my first F bomb as in "What the fuck was that?"

9:10 p.m. - Amazing. Less than five minutes left in the first half and no scoring thus far. Let's hope that's not the kiss of death...

9:12 p.m. - Son of a bitch. That's what I get. I'll keep my mouth shut henceforth. Not that they've scored, but they are certainly knocking on the door.

9:17 p.m. - I don't know who's running the music at ABC, but I wholeheartedly approve of the Zeppelin heading into commercial.

9:21 p.m. - If I could punch just one person with no repercussions, I think it might be Musberger.

9:28 p.m. - I wouldn't have guessed this game would be tied 3-3 at the half. There will now be a brief break from this scintillating live blog for halftime, during which I will visit Crazy Nephew #1, who has been yelling for me from upstairs for a while.

10 p.m. - I know the game has been back for a while. I have been too but just haven't had anything to say. I mean, let's be honest. This game is a bit boring. It's a good match-up, but boring.

10:17 p.m. - I don't want to say this game is losing me, but I'm currently clipping coupons. And that is not a euphemism for anything.

10:30 p.m. - Uggghhhh. I need more wine....

10:31 p.m. - My college roommate just sent me a text that reads: "Fuck!! This game!!"

10:40 p.m. - In what seems like the ninth hour of this game, there is finally a touchdown. Unfortunately, OSU did not score it.

10:40:30 p.m. - Holy crap. What the hell just happened? Does the freshman need the challenge of leading the offense 95 yards down the field? I don't think so.

10:48 p.m. - Here's been my verbal commentary for the last minute: "Fuck. Shit. Fuck. Dumbass. Fuck. Fuck."

10:49 p.m. - Wow, the World Series game in Philly actually started? That is going to end LATE.

10:58 p.m. - Down seven with 1:07 to go. I wonder which Jets team will show up tomorrow.

11:06 p.m. - I wonder what channel the baseball's on...

10 Comments:

  • At 10/26/2008 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I appreciate the blog updates. It was quite an enjoyable game. Did anything break in the house?

    Best of luck in the Capital One Bowl.

    TP is going to be amazing though, but not this year.

     
  • At 10/26/2008 2:34 AM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    "Fuck. Shit. Fuck. Dumbass. Fuck. Fuck."

    I think that was my locker combination in the 11th grade.

     
  • At 10/26/2008 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WE ARE! PENN STATE!!!

    The BB's

     
  • At 10/26/2008 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There truly is no justice in this world...oh wait, their just might be.

    I can't wait to see the reaction out of Crappy Valley when State Penn goes 12-0 and is told thanks, but no thanks by the final BCS standings.

    Then Southern Cal will take a dump (pun intneded) all over Joke Pa and his team in Pasadena leaving the cretins in Centre County all sad.

    Happy days will be here again.

     
  • At 10/26/2008 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There truly is no justice in this world...oh wait, their just might be.

    I can't wait to see the reaction out of Crappy Valley when State Penn goes 12-0 and is told thanks, but no thanks by the final BCS standings.

    Then Southern Cal will take a dump (pun intneded) all over Joke Pa and his team in Pasadena leaving the cretins in Centre County all sad.

    Happy days will be here again.

     
  • At 10/26/2008 8:31 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Wow. I think I'm taking the loss much better than some of my fellow OSU brethren...

     
  • At 10/27/2008 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All PSU fans would like to thank Ohio State for their past support. Taking a dump in the National Championship two years in a row, great showing for the Big 10. I did not even bring up the FLA/OSU NCAA Tourney disaster.

    Not to worry OSU fans, at least you will be playing on New Years Day. Anyone for a bloomin' onion or a personalized credit card? Enjoy getting blown out by the SEC.

    By the way, your quarterback sent from god stinks and your o-line held on every play.

    BB

     
  • At 10/28/2008 6:46 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    So young, so angry. I can't imagine how fired up you'd be if you had actually GONE to PSU. :)

     
  • At 10/28/2008 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A. Not so young anymore.
    B. If I went to PSU, I would be dead by now.
    C. I am not Italian either but my wife cooks a mean dinner, and I like to pretend I am Italian. If I can do that, I can root for PSU.

    BB

     
  • At 10/28/2008 7:17 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    A. You're younger than me.
    B. Probably best you didn't go there, if that's the case.
    C. Yes she does. Remind me to invite myself over sometime soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home