wine by the color

Friday, October 31, 2008

There's a lot to talk about - including a spate of recent social outings, capped by last night's trip to Asbury Park to see a friend's band play the Stone Pony and today's Halloween festivities with the crazy trio - but then you come across something that blows your original plans right out of the water.

Might I introduce exhibit A to illustrate my point. (And special thanks to Freakgirl, who sent this my way with the words, "because no one enjoys elegance and class more than you." Indeed).

Sometimes an article is such an embarrassment of riches, you just don't know where to start. So I'm going to skip any flowy introductory text and go straight to the photo...




















Ho. Ly. Crap.

Honestly, I don't know where to start. The story really says it all. Really nicely written, might I say. You have to love those witty Brits.

Despite my four trips to the UK over the years, I wouldn't call myself an expert when it comes to the subtle differences in the language. However, I'm pretty sure that "traveller" means carny and "caravan" means RV.

If I had a party to go to this evening, I'd wear this. But my plans call for an evening of trick or treating with the crazies and a wagon full of liquor, then a late-night gathering with my favorite fools and ghouls at the South Side.

Happy halloween to all.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home