wine by the color

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I give up. I'm officially excited. The Jets are good.

When the Jets started their two-game road trip, at the hated Patriots and undefeated Tennessee, I think most fans would have been happy to see them win one of the two. Taking both wasn't a dream most fans wouldn't have dared to consider.

Alas...

I was uncharacteristically quiet as I watched the game today, too nervous to allow myself to get fired up. Even in the fourth quarter, as the game got out of hand, I withheld any real celebration until the Jets built their lead to 21 points. Then I finally exhaled.

Let's enjoy a terrific day in photos, shall we...




















"Eight and three. We are going to be eight and three! Do you hear me, bitches?"














Oh, what I wouldn't give to be Brandon Moore...




















Or Nick Mangold...




















Or Shaun Ellis...



















"I am The Man."




















Sigh...













The Jets have now doubled their win total from a year ago. I expect the stadium to be absolutely rocking next Sunday, when the Jets return home for a game against Denver.

(As I was typing this update, during halftime of the NBC Sunday night game, Cris Collinsworth just predicted a Giants-Jets Super Bowl. And with that, I passed out. I was hoping to post the photos from Cincinnati and my trip to the Gulf Coast, but that will have to wait as I now have to lie down.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home