wine by the color

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

When I started writing this post, I planned to express my excitement about doing something new today - walking from one state to another. Then Freakgirl pointed out that I have in fact done so - walking from Lambertville to New Hope (NJ to PA, for the three readers who don't live in our area). I'm an idiot. I have made that walk at least 100 times, mostly during the two years I worked on the Jersey side of that exchange.

So you can scratch the uniqueness of today's stroll off the list. But I did walk over this bridge from Kentucky to Ohio, which has to count for something.














I'm here for a conference, which is being held at the Cincinnati Reds' Hall of Fame. Most of our sessions are being held in the stadium, which is completely empty outside of our small group. I won't say that's the first time I've been in an empty stadium because I KNOW I've done that previously, at the Toronto Sky Dome during a meeting there about 11 years ago. But, still also cool.














Tomorrow, the schedule includes "batting practice." Should that come to pass, I assure you that will be a first. I know I've never taken batting practice in a major league stadium.

Finally, I don't want to harp on this, but today's spam yielded an instant classic: Make her grotto wet of pleasure. I was sitting in a conference session when that one hit, and I snorted with laughter.

3 Comments:

  • At 11/12/2008 10:26 AM, Blogger scott goodman said…

    i spent 6 months in florence, KY, across the river (ask the locals about the florence, Ya'll water tower).

    do yourself a favor, if you haven't already, go eat dinner at the montgomery inn on the river(http://www.montgomeryinn.com/). it is by far the BEST ribs i've EVER had in my life...

     
  • At 11/12/2008 3:07 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    That bridge is much more impressive than the NJ/PA one, anyway.

    I hope you and your grotto enjoy the rest of your trip!

     
  • At 11/12/2008 5:37 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    It's no Tower Bridge in London, but it is nice. My grotto, HA!

    Scott, you are the third person to recommend the Montgomery Inn. I'm leaving tomorrow so I won't get there this time but I'll try should I wind up here again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home