wine by the color

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where was I...

Oh yes, waiting to board a Delta flight that was due to leave Cincinnati at 5:45 p.m. (two hours and 40 minutes past its original departure time of 3:05 p.m.) and arrive at EWR around 8:00 p.m.

How did that go?

Well, as advertised, we boarded at 5:45 and were in line for takeoff by 6:05. And at 6:15, they announced we weren't going anywhere.

Realizing there was no way I would be home for the start of the Jets' game, I called my mother to walk her through the process of remotely setting my TiVo. During our conversation, I may have referenced being held hostage by Delta. I also mentioned that should my luggage not be at baggage claim after the flight that my next phone call would be coming from a Newark prison, after I was arrested for wrapping my hands around someone's throat.

At that point, the flight attendants, realizing we were going nowhere, proudly announced they would immediately be providing a food and beverage service. Thank goodness, I thought, we are getting dinner.

And what was dinner?














Lest you think it couldn't get any worse, let me assure you it COULD...













That's right. Not only do they consider a tiny bag of peanuts and a package of biscotti cookies to be supper, they imprint their logo on it, serving as a not-so-friendly reminder of just who is screwing you out of an actual meal.

(Might I mention the guy sitting across the aisle from me was giggling as I photographed the food. I think I made his day.)

Anyway, we finally took off at 7:22 p.m. and landed in Newark at 8:53 p.m. I was in the car, luggage fortunately in tow, listening to the game.

But, here's the really great news ... I will be back at EWR in less than seven hours. I am doing laundry and have yet to pack. It's also quite possible this Jets game could be the death of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home