wine by the color

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I have been trying to curtail my Facebook status updates lately. Rather than make people there aware of how strange I am, I will do it here...

Jersey Girl is trying not to vomit while watching Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman, as our host watches Chileans cut the balls off bulls and cook them up and then eats them. And really enjoys them. And drinks blood.

Jersey Girl thinks her new favorite show might be Man Vs. Food.

Jersey Girl has to get packing, as she leaves for a nine-day vacation tomorrow and has yet to do a damn thing.

Jersey Girl is probably dragging her heels because trying on summer clothes in the middle of winter (and the winter eating and drinking) is never an encouraging endeavor.

Jersey Girl is pondering whether it is time to have short hair again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Saturday, I took two-thirds of the crazy trio to Deb and Randy's open house. Their eldest sibling was sick and none too happy about being left home. But the other two greatly enjoyed themselves. Sweetie Pie Princess quickly made herself at home, nary a shy bone in her body. Matthew was a little more hesitant in the crowd, but found a comfortable spot with the other kids in the extra bedroom, home of the classic Atari and a pile of art supplies. While I bounced around to keep an eye on his sister, he sat quiety, working on a project...















When he was done coloring the popsicle sticks with a blue marker, his hands were completely blue. There was also glue involved, always a dangerous endeavor for a five year old. But when he proudly handed it to me and announced, "it's me and you," he ensured I would not give him a hard time about the mess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try to post again before I leave tomorrow but no guarantees. In the meantime, here are a few links I have enjoyed lately:

Why is Peyton Manning such a good pitchman? Great question.

My idol is at it again: ESPN guilty of teller becoming the tale.

But extremely sad news: her triumphant reign is soon to end.

The Jets finally hired a new coach, and this one is older than me. The transcript of his press conference, which seemed entertaining. He showed more personality in 10 minutes than Mangini did in three years.

We want to be known as the most physical football team in the NFL, and whatever that means, you figure it out. We’re going to take care of each other. The players will have each other’s backs. If you take a swipe at one of ours, we’ll take a swipe at two of yours, and that’s just the way this game is going to be played.

I do like the sound of that. Let's not forget, this is the son of a man who once punched another coach. For the same team (see #5 and please ignore the first item on that list)...

Finally, this boggles my mind. I don't want to disparage His Holiness' home state, but how can this still be happening?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home