wine by the color

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quickly, before I depart for the high seas and warmer temperatures...

I joined Freecycle a few weeks ago, in the hope of finding a good home for my old coffee table and kitchen table and chairs. My sister-in-law warned me that some of the items people try to get rid of are ridiculous. I did not realize just what she meant until I checked the postings yesterday and found, among hundreds of other things, the following: an artificial pre-lit Christmas tree (not working), a Siamese cat, the top of a papasan chair, a manual breast pump (like new), breast pads and 13 OB tampons.

The tampons, it should be noted, were claimed within two hours.

When I get back from vacation, I am going to amass a pile of unwanted things and start posting on Freecycle. I bet I could write some enticing descriptions for my crap.

Of course, I'll be lucky to find time to do so, given that it will probably take me several hours to get through all the e-mails I will have upon my return. Nine days without e-mail is a frightening proposition. But I'll do my best.

Bon voyage...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home