wine by the color

Sunday, January 18, 2009

So the latest thing all the kids on Facebook are doing is posting Twenty-five Random Things, in which you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about yourself. I have no interest in doing so on Facebook because I have a few colleagues and random folks on my friends list who don't need to know everything about me. But you, loyal readers, are different...

25 Random Things About Me
1. There is nothing more important to me than family and friends.
2. Sports and music are close behind.
3. I have had the same best friend since I was two years old.
4. My next cup of coffee will be my first.
5. The first time I ever tried Guinness was at the Guinness factory in Dublin, Ireland (Dec. 2007). They had me at hello.
6. I have gotten in enough trouble over the years to ensure I will never run for public office, but not so much that I should have been incarcerated.
7. There is nothing more important to me in relationships than honesty and trust.
8. I did not eat red meat for 12 years (1991-2003).
9. I played quarterback for my sorority flag football team, which advanced to the league championship final, which was played on the field in Ohio Stadium.
10. My blood pressure is always at its lowest when my toes are in the sand.
11. I am fascinated by natural disasters.
12. The first concert I ever saw was the Hooters and the Outfield at Rutgers on Nov. 25, 1985.
13. I saw my first Springsteen show on July 18, 1999 and saw my 20th last summer at the Meadowlands.
14. As you might be able to guess, I have the ticket stub for almost every concert and sporting event I have ever attended.
15. My seven favorite days of the year are Thanksgiving, Thursday of the Big East basketball tournament, Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, the Jets' home opener, the Fourth of July and the first two days of the NCAA Basketball Tournament.
16. I could see Mamma Mia on Broadway every month and never get tired of it.
17. I have never seen "It's a Wonderful Life."
18. I drove by His Holiness's house when he was living in Jersey.
19. I don't tell my parents anywhere near enough how grateful and lucky I am that they are my parents. The same applies to my brother and sister-in-law.
20. My five favorite movies are "Shawshank Redemption," "Dazed and Confused," "Sixteen Candles," "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" and "Love Actually."
21. I love fishing.
22. I once organized a huge fundraiser in college and managed to get the local television station to cover it, but was unable to appear on camera because I had a spectacular fall the night before the event and was sporting a black eye and broken face.
23. I have been to 45 states.
24. I do not like foods that are prepared together - like stew or casseroles - and I really do not care for shredded meats.
25. My greatest skill is being an aunt.

9 Comments:

  • At 1/19/2009 4:23 PM, Blogger Brooke said…

    My first Guinness was at the factory, too! (March 2006.)

    Also: "Love Actually" is totally underrated.

     
  • At 1/19/2009 5:02 PM, Blogger Bich said…

    How do you balance No. 24 and cheesteaks?

     
  • At 1/19/2009 8:08 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    CK: Do not eat them. Problem solved.

     
  • At 1/19/2009 9:42 PM, Blogger scott goodman said…

    i'm copying and pasting the first paragraph of your blog for my blog. i agree....too many folks on facebook.

    i was in dublin last year with my wife. we got to that top round bar where they have 20 taps of guiness. i asked for a miller lite. they were not amused.

     
  • At 1/19/2009 10:43 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    That is a shame, because I found that rather entertaining.

    During our time there, I was amazed by how many of the locals drank Budweiser. I thought, "you poeple live in the home of the nectar of the gods. Why are you drinking that American swill?"

     
  • At 1/20/2009 8:32 AM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    I asked some fellow drinkers the exact same question when I was in Dublin. Their answer?

    "It's imported!"

     
  • At 1/20/2009 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had an Australian coworker in a few years ago. We went for a drink before dinner at a steakhouse. I asked the bar tender for a glass of Merlot, he asked what beer was on tap? After hearing the list, he told the bar tender, "I think I will try a Bud". The bar tender looked at him like he had 6 heads. After I stopped laughing, he told me no one drinks Fosters in Australia.

    BB

     
  • At 2/02/2009 1:13 AM, Blogger Thad Fisher said…

    Really scary how many commonalities you share with my wife: no coffee, sand, fishing, aversion to mixed foods & shredded meat...though she is terrified by natural disasters not fascinated by them.

    In other news...I can attest to a large part (though certainly NOT the majority) of #6..good times!

     
  • At 2/02/2009 9:35 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Oh, don't kid yourself. You were the catalyst for #6 getting off to an early and solid start. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home