wine by the color

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I don't know about you, but I am pretty tired of looking at that damn bathing suit. My apologies.

No, I have not forgotten I have a blog. But I have been having trouble finding time for it and that's not going to get any better anytime soon...

For the last few years, I have used a back door to bypass the office network's firewall to access my personal e-mail. That ended Monday, when the powers-that-be slammed that door shut. So now, in addition to not being able to blog while in the office, I can no longer check personal e-mail. (As an aside, I understand why this is and am not arguing with it. It is just an inconvenience.)

The result of this has been that when I get home at night, I have to deal with e-mail instead of dazzling my countless readers with witty, insightful commentary. Now that I don't check e-mail throughout the day, I realize just how many messages I actually receive each day. Thanks to a social outing Monday night (and might I note, staying up until 2:30 a.m. on a Monday night is not the most responsible way to start a week, although it was lots of fun), I went from Monday morning to Tuesday evening without checking e-mail and I had more than 50 messages awaiting me when I finally got around to it.

But I am going to free up some time in other ways. For instance, it has taken less than a month for me to determine that CSI without Grissom is not worth watching. That's one more hour free per week.

Several hours I will continue to waste are those I spend watching Mike and Mike in the Morning. Several times each morning, two commercials are played repeatedly. The first is for something called the Slap Chop. This guy is so annoying I want to reach through the television and punch him in the temple:



The other commercial is for something called the Magic Jack. I can't find a video of that one, for which you should be grateful. Incredibly irritating.

Yes, I laughed heartily upon seeing this picture. I'm sure that makes some sort of statement about my maturity (or lack thereof)...














(For the record, the caption was: A Celebes Crested Macaque, left, looks back on Thursday Jan. 29, 2009 in Singapore where its national zoo is actively involved in the conservation and education of wildlife reserves.)

By the way, I can't believe it's almost March. Where the hell does time go...

7 Comments:

  • At 2/27/2009 2:42 AM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    Y'know, you could write your blogs during work hours on, say, using Word. Email it to yourself via your work account, and then post it when you get home.

    I know. I know. I'm full of great ideas -- among other things. But at least I don't make lame excuses for neglecting my blog. I'm just lazy.

     
  • At 2/27/2009 6:38 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Actually, that's what I often do.

    But thanks, as always, for the great idea.

     
  • At 2/27/2009 4:58 PM, Blogger zip1010 said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 2/27/2009 4:59 PM, Blogger zip1010 said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 3/02/2009 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The best part about the slap chop commercial is when the guy says "check out my nuts".

     
  • At 3/02/2009 2:55 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    I get the feeling that's not the first time he's said that...

     
  • At 3/02/2009 2:55 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home