wine by the color

Monday, February 16, 2009

When I was constantly traveling for work, I did not have a great appreciation for the concept of a three-day weekend. My irregular schedule featured lots of working weekends on the road, and because I often had random days off as a result of the travel, also made working a full work week a rarity.

But now that I have a regular schedule for the first time in 13 years, although I am very much enjoying my new job, I find that weekends actually mean something and the three-day weekend is something to be particularly savored.

And that is exactly what I did this weekend. I caught up with lots of friends for a few entertaining social gatherings, including a Valentine's Day luncheon with the girls, saw a tremendous hockey game with my brother and cousins, went shopping with my sister-in-law, got in a few runs on the boardwalk and enjoyed some arcade time with the crazies (during which, I feel it is important to note, I broke the 200,000-point barrier on Galaga for the first time ever).

A few pictures...

Matthew, like any Jersey shore boy, really loves his air hockey...
















I'm starting to teach him how to play hoops. He's short, but scrappy...




















Perhaps the next Brett Favre? I mean, was His Holiness scoring this like at age 5?




















I cannot say for certain what is going on here, but I'm pretty sure Sweetie Pie Princess is using her finest little girl profanity...















Say it with me ... TROUBLE...




















Look everyone - we are getting along!!
















I can't wait until summer when I will actually be home every weekend. I am already excited at the thought of spending weekends at the shore. While I loved the travel and the perks that came with it, that has been a serious downside to the last eight years...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home