wine by the color

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I opened an e-mail from Ticketmaster recently that advertised, among other artists, Led Zeppelin. That's one band I have never seen and while it would not be the same as seeing them in the band's 70s heyday, I'd be interested in doing so.

Then I realized the band in question is actually called Lez Zeppelin. Call me crazy, but I'm guessing they are not the same thing.

And I should probably start wearing my glasses more often...

Last year, I saw a grand total of four concerts (Rush and three Springsteen shows). This year, I will have seen that many before the year is halfway through. In addition to a Springsteen show in May (one in Hershey, Pa., instead of N.J. thanks to the Ticketmaster/TicketsNow debacle), I also have tickets to the Dropkick Murphys, the Pogues and Amadou et Mariam.

I am looking forward to all of the shows but am particularly excited about the Amadou et Mariam concert. I was first introduced to the African artists by a clerk at the Amoeba Records in Los Angeles several years ago. That CD, "Dimanche a Bamako," has become one of my favorites - perhaps top 10 of all time. The lyrics are in French and I cannot understand a single word of it and it doesn't matter at all. It's absolutely joyous. I can't help dancing to it, even when doing mundane tasks like cleaning the house. I can't wait to see them live.



Speaking of dancing...I can't pinpoint why, but I REALLY enjoy this video of Digger Phelps cutting a rug during a timeout during a recent Cal-UCLA game. Perhaps because he not letting his lack of smooth moves stop him from dancing with reckless abandon. I don't know, but I love it:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home