wine by the color

Friday, March 20, 2009

So a mere three days after I theatened physical violence should it snow again, I awoke this morning to find it doing that very thing. Happy spring, indeed.

I have an extremely busy day ahead (and by that I mean 12 hours of eating, drinking and watching hoops) so I need to get rolling but I leave you with this...

Since the discovery of This is Why You're Fat several weeks ago, it has become one of my favorite web sites. My brother and I have an ongoing game where I send him the latest posts with something like "there's no way you'd eat this" and he replies, "oh yes I would." Of the 100 or so entries, I think there are only about three things there I would actually eat.

But last night, I ate something that appeared on TISYF ... the Bacon Explosion. People, I am not going to lie to you. It was FANTASTIC.















Earlier this week, Freakgirl and I signed up for boot camp, a four-week program that will have us sweating from 6 to 7 a.m., five days a week. I believe part of this process includes an evaluation of our diet. Won't they be impressed when they hear that in the past 16 hours, in addition to the wonderment above, I enjoyed pizza, Doritos, kettle korn popcorn, cookies, a cupcake, five glasses of wine, some blackberry brandy and breakfast at McDonald's.

Yeah. They are going to LOVE me...

12 Comments:

  • At 3/20/2009 11:16 AM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    I need me some of that bacon explosion.

    My food diary will be equally wondrous, I promise. I plan to get started tonight with some sort of beef and Guinness spectacular that Lisa's making for us for dinner. :)

     
  • At 3/20/2009 11:34 AM, Blogger Brooke said…

    Life is better with bacon. And that's the end of that argument.

     
  • At 3/20/2009 11:35 AM, Blogger Brooke said…

    Oh, also -- you might enjoy this Web site (which I discovered about a week before This is Why You're Fat): http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/.

     
  • At 3/20/2009 1:13 PM, Blogger jim_carty@me.com said…

    Did you make the bacon explosion yourself? I SO want one!

     
  • At 3/21/2009 7:28 PM, Blogger SJPSandman said…

    You would never make it as a Jew.

     
  • At 3/22/2009 2:02 AM, Blogger Under the Lights said…

    atta girl. bacon is like meat candy

     
  • At 3/22/2009 2:03 AM, Blogger Under the Lights said…

    btw under the lights is kent.

     
  • At 3/23/2009 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I physically cooked the thing (dig not put it together though) and I just threw up in my mouth a little reading the instructions for making it.

    BB

     
  • At 3/23/2009 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/090323

    BB

     
  • At 3/23/2009 11:41 AM, Blogger Brooke said…

    Dude, Sandman, YOU can't make it as a Jew.

     
  • At 3/25/2009 6:50 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Brooke, that is fabulous - thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Rico, I did not make the explosion - I just enjoyed the efforts of others.

    Sandman, what Brooke said.

    And BB, that is a hell of a link.

     
  • At 4/16/2009 3:59 PM, Anonymous VINCENT said…

    Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home