wine by the color

Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Captain and I spent yesterday wandering around the shore, enjoying the sunshine and visiting friends who had a baby last week. So I was completely unaware of the major development in the land of Gang Green until hours later, when I learned about it while we sat at a seaside bar drinking in the name of charity (as if we need a reason):



I don't know how I feel about this. I don't know if Sanchez is the next coming, but I'm encouraged by what I've seen and read. And I have to say I'm thrilled to see Sanchez so excited to be picked by the Jets.

I thought Gruden said it well: "I compliment them. They're doing whatever they can do to win."

That doesn't mean they will, of course. But it's nice to see them making an effort. And no one said, "It's obvious to me right now that the Jets just don't understand what the draft's all about" this year.

On an unrelated sports note, I have resumed my softball career, joining the boys for our Sunday morning games. Things went well last week, as I pitched nine solid innings to lead our squad to a one-run victory. This week, one of three things happened: 1) I forgot how to throw; 2) my arm has not recuperated from last week's effort; or 3) I should have made a few less contributions in the name of charity yesterday. I'm taking off next week for Bike NY so we'll see if a two-week break solves matters or if I need to consider retiring permanently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home