wine by the color

Monday, June 01, 2009

As I drove over the Driscoll Bridge this morning on my way home after another great weekend, I had one of those realize-it's-happening-and-pause-to-enjoy-it moments as I glanced eastward along the water to enjoy the pink and purples hues of the early morning sunrise as Springsteen's "Land of Hopes and Dreams" filled the car (of course, I couldn't completely lose myself in the moment as I was going about 80 with my fellow northbound travelers on the Parkway, but I tried).

Truth be told, there have been a lot of those moments lately. Memorial Day weekend was full of them, from a successful Spring Lake Five to lots of time with family and friends to a great fishing outing with the Captain.





























This past weekend featured more of the same...



















I have done a much better job lately of working when it's time to work and enjoying life when it's time to do that, which combined with the great weekends has led to a happier, more easygoing Jersey Girl. Very little gets me fired up anymore (although I do have a draft of a Dear John letter should His Holiness sign with the Vikings, and this made me very angry, and I almost blew an absolute gasket at my friends at Ticketmaster this morning. But other than that, happy and easygoing).

This has left me wondering if it's time to put Wine By The Color on the sleeping geniuses list. I am about to start traveling again and football season is a scant three months away and those are always great sources of shtick, but lately I've been more interested in just living my life without writing about it. One of the things I have always struggled with on this blog is the narcissism necessary to keep it going, to believe people are actually interested in my everyday goings on and the things I find interesting, humorous or annoying. And let's be honest, without my rambling rants, the content drops dramatically around here.

But give me a few weeks. There are some interesting things, mainly work-related, on the horizon that will probably make for good blogging. If not, maybe we'll call it a career.

In the meantime, perhaps I'll just keep posting photos from the Captain. He has a gift...










As a postscript, I looked up "narcissism" to make sure I spelled it correctly. Did you know 75 percent of narcissists are men? Now that I found interesting...

6 Comments:

  • At 6/01/2009 4:16 PM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    I don't think it's narcissistic to keep up the blog. You've never been an "Oh me me me me me" type of blogger, anyway.

    I vote keep WBTC around just for the rants, even if they're few and far between lately. Eventually SOMETHING is going to piss you off, and I look forward to the ensuing post. :)

     
  • At 6/01/2009 5:54 PM, Blogger Nia said…

    I agree with Freakgirl.

     
  • At 6/01/2009 9:44 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Oh, I'm sure something will annoy me soon. And when it does, I'm sure I'll be extra fired up and thus go on a rant and a half.

     
  • At 6/02/2009 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can take over WBTC, I am usually pissed off about something. Ticketmaster however is not one of them at this moment(unless they cancel my order or something not yet known to me). Got through online for the Saturday show @ 10:00 and had tickets by 10:03. Went back to work.

    BB

     
  • At 6/02/2009 10:03 AM, Blogger scott goodman said…

    did you know that 82% of all statistics are made up?

     
  • At 6/02/2009 7:18 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Brad, you can guest rant anytime. I'd welcome it.

    Ticketmaster bent me over for the Saturday show, but with today's news that there are two more the following weekend, I'm not as upset.

    And Scott, I love made up statistics. Much easier than dealing with actual math.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home