wine by the color

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The death of Michael Jackson is a tough one. His music and dancing provided a backdrop for my early teen years - in fact, where I was when I first saw the Thriller video is one of my most vivid "where were you when" moments - but it is impossible to overlook the later "sleeping with young boys in underpants among other strange behavior including oh by the way I am no longer a black man and my nose is collapsing" years.

The Captain and I stopped in a local deli Friday afternoon en route to what would prove to be an incredible day of fishing, a wicked thunderstorm and one of the most incredible sunsets I've ever seen (photos and video to come, perhaps later today if I get motivated). While waiting for our sandwiches, I noticed the newspaper rack and started to giggle when I saw this:


















DEAD.

So blunt. So NY Post.

Of course, they weren't alone in that approach. The deli did not have the Daily News in the rack, which is the only reason I didn't realize until I checked the web site later that they had gone the exact same route:















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home