wine by the color

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I remain a fervent reader of This is Why You're Fat, because knowing things like the Rubix Cubewich and the Hurler Burger exist brings me a lot of culinary joy.

Last week, the Captain and I went for a very late breakfast at a local diner. Normally I'd go with one of my two staples - French toast or eggs - but a pretty picture on the menu jumped off the page.










That plate of wonderment is called the Readington Skillet - scrambled eggs, potatoes, onions, peppers and sausage, all covered in melted cheese. It was damned delicious. But it also looked like something that would be at home on the pages of This is Why You're Fat.

And questionable dietary decisions like that are why I continue to arise at 5:20 a.m. daily to go to boot camp. This is the third session I've attended and I'm still really enjoying it. What I'm not enjoying this time around is some of the new people in the class. Every session is a mix of veterans and newcomers. Two of the rookies in this class are the loud overly chatty types. The kind who run their mouth more than they actually run.

And one of them wears jean shorts. Every day. Huge jean shorts (as she is a relatively huge woman, starting with her mouth and most notably her ass). Perhaps jeans culottes would be a more apt description. They're really big. Anyway, I love jeans but I can't imagine anything less comfortable than exercising in denim. Can you imagine the thigh chafing? Egads. And we are talking about thighs the size of tree trunks.

Also, on an unrelated but extremely important note to the woman in her mid-40s I saw in the store earlier today, a quick PSA ... DO NOT WEAR WHITE LINEN PANTS AND RED GRANNY PANTIES. It does not look good.

Yes, my thoughts on this whole Favre situation are forthcoming. The whole mess is ridiculous. Not as absurd as the indignity of being a Mets fan these days, but silly nonetheless. I'm being heavily recruited to join Yankee supporters. While I would never make such a switch at this point in my lengthy history as a sports fan, this face is making a strong argument...

3 Comments:

  • At 7/29/2009 9:00 AM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    Seriously, lady, if you're able to blare on and on about Tim McGraw while you're supposed to be working out, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

     
  • At 7/30/2009 7:48 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    She was out of control today. Nonstop mouthiness. More bitching when country music was skipped. And back in the jean shorts.

     
  • At 7/30/2009 11:31 AM, Blogger freakgirl said…

    I should put together a mix of 80s punk and gangsta rap for her enjoyment tomorrow ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home