wine by the color

Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm wrapping up a lovely much-needed 10-day respite from the working world, which started with a fishing outing with the Captain and some friends, a trip that departed as the sun started to light the day...










Many fish were caught. Unfortunately, most of them were these damn sea robins...










But everyone scored at least one keeper fluke, which were masterfully filleted by the Captain...










On day 2, I took Crazy Nephew Matthew to Great Adventure for his birthday present on what was unquestionably the hottest day of the year. Almost unbearably hot and humid. But the little daredevil didn't seem to mind, not even when we got stuck on the top of Rolling Thunder for five minutes...










Seriously, how cute is he...













From there, it was time for our annual family vacation in the town where it all started, where our time was spent riding bikes...










watching the sun rise...










and set...










building things in the sand...










finding things in the sand...













enjoying stomach-flipping amusement rides...






















and generally enjoying the company of the crazy trio...














Once our week there ended, I returned to the Captain's hood for an afternoon of fishing with the boys. I deftfully dropped my camera during a slight boat roll and managed to make a total bird's nest of my fishing line, but it wasn't enough to ruin another terrific afternoon on the water.










I always get sentimental on Labor Day, when summer ends, but this year might be particularly so. I can't remember a better summer. Fortunately, my favorite season is just around the corner. Autumn, you ask? No, football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home