wine by the color

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

So I guess the big news from WBTC World is that I have started to investigate real estate in the Jersey shore region. While the hour that separates the Captain and I is not an insurmountable distance (particularly when compared to some lengths I've traveled in the name of romance in the past), we have a shared interest in that 50 miles being considerably shorter.

As a result, I have spent a lot of time on realtor.com lately. And what I have come to realize is that people have some really terrible ideas when it comes to decorating their homes. So I think it's time for a new feature on WBTC - an ongoing gallery of Bad Rooms.

Let's jump right in, shall we?

Could anyone describe the furniture scheme here? Because to me, it looks like an antique desk accompanied by a stool from a shoe store, a safe with some sort of jewelry box on it, and two velour dining room chairs...










From the same house, I didn't know this sort of kitchen furniture was still actually used anywhere but the front window of antique stores...










Thinnest room ever?
"Honey, I can't find the remote."
"Just lean over and change the damn channel."










This is a sad, sad room (although I do actually like the paint color on the walls)...










Do we think the doorways in this house came this way, or did they decide to kick it up a notch?











I truly have no idea what's going on here other than there are a LOT of exposed wires in the ceiling of what I can only hope is the basement...










And this is just bad, unless you're a sales rep for Pepto Bismol:










I think you'll be hearing a lot more about this in the coming months. This appears to be a treasure trove of material.

1 Comments:

  • At 8/06/2009 1:09 PM, Anonymous Lake said…

    You have to check out this website: http://www.lovelylisting.com/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home