wine by the color

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sept. 11, 2000. A year before the significance of that date changed forever. Two months before my oldest nephew, Adam, was born.

And until today, the last time the Jets beat the Patriots in the Meadowlands.

The Jets' home opener is always one of my favorite days of the year, but the last few seasons have been slightly marred by two things: obscene heat and losses to New England. Today, no problems on either count.

We got a gorgeous day to catch up with old friends, eating and drinking prior to the game. The first game of the season always brings out a large crowd and today was no exception.










And the game. Oh, the game.

Spurred on by Rex Ryan's voicemail last week, the fans were louder than I have ever heard in the stadium. It was terrific to be part of such a lively, engaged crowd. And while I don't want to get ahead of myself, I'm officially excited about the team, particularly its new coach, the defense and the rookie QB.











I'm sure I'll have more to say about this later. For now, however, I must slumber. I have been awake since 5:20 a.m. and am just exhausted. And given the amount of food I consumed today, highlighted by three sausage sandwiches, I most certainly need to rise early tomorrow to go to boot camp...

2 Comments:

  • At 9/21/2009 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My favorite part of the picture is the sliced kielbasi on the cutting board in front of the grill. What does a busted vocal code feel like? I think I have one, will have to check WebMD for symptoms to confirm. Who is the moron wearing the outdated (actually number) Gholston Jersey? Oh wait..

    BB

     
  • At 9/21/2009 7:38 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    I am also sans vocal chords this morning.

    And that moron can wear whatever he wants. It was just a pleasure to have him and the Mrs. at the tailgate. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home