wine by the color

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

There are a few things that came to my attention during my vacation that are worthy of a mention...

I don't remember in what context this was brought to my attention, but brought to my attention it was. And after the week of eating and lack of exercise I enjoyed while down the shore, it's comforting to know that should I become a size that precludes taking care of business by my own hand, help is available. The Freedom Wand. "A product that gives you your dignity and independence back!"

Indeed.

In other news, the Evil Empire has found its new ombudsman. I found this an interesting side note:

More disclosure: One of my sons has worked at ESPN Regional Television for 15 years as a producer/director. He's made a great career for himself. If one of his shows requires comment in this space, I'll be sure to remind you. As the saying goes, "A conflict disclosed is not a conflict."

I don't have a great feeling about this. His first column goes a little easier on the Evil Empire than his predecessors would have been and I question whether someone with a background in television will be as objective as someone outside that world. Of course, given my officer standing in the LeAnne Screiber Fan Club, I don't know that I can be trusted to be objective so what do I know.

But while we're talking about a lack of objectivity, I need to be honest about something. As I mentioned before I left for vacation, just because you give someone the boot doesn't mean you stop thinking about him, particularly the good times you shared. And if you do a search on this web site for how many times the words "His Holiness" have appeared, you will see we shared a LOT of good times.

So when I saw this the other day, I'll admit my hard-line stance wavered a bit...



Then I watched this and the off-the-cut wit His Holiness displays really threw me for a loop:



I'm not going to lie. This may be harder than I thought...

Last weekend, the Captain and I were hanging out with two of his best friends and their wives, and the ladies were discussing how YouTube completely sucks us in, that you go looking for one simple thing and the next thing you know, you're looking at something completely unrelated.

Which is to say, somehow I wound up watching this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home