wine by the color

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh that's right. I have a blog. I almost forgot.

Yes, it has been 20 days since I posted. But I have LOTS of reasons....

When we last spoke, the neck seemed to be on the mend. And then, it wasn't. It really wasn't. But I managed to make it to the final Springsteen show at the Meadowlands. It was not easy and my body was a complete train wreck after it, but it was worth it.













Did Adam enjoy his first concert? You can decide for yourself...













My brother and sister-in-law then escaped for a few child-free days, leaving me in charge of the crazy trifecta. We did the best we could given my physical limitations, making daily trips; first a stroll through Lambertville and New Hope on a spectacular autumn day...



















then apple picking with my friends Ellie and Dan...






















and a "nature walk" around the local reservoir...






















We also went to dinner one night, during which we had this amusing exchange:

Me to the boys: "Let me know if you have to go to the bathroom, ok?"
Adam, looking around: "Do they have a bathroom here?"
Matthew, with a knowing nod: "A fancy restaurant like this always has a bathroom."

We were at the Outback Steakhouse. For them, it might as well have been Per Se.

After getting much worse after that, a several-day spell that included some horrifying twitching and jerking of my head, my neck finally started to feel better, thanks to some additional drugs, a complete lack of activity and some fabulous nursing by the Captain. I recovered in time to bring him to his first Jets extravanga on a cold and windy day...









(By the way, that is one of my co-workers to my side, pouring shots of sambuca. Good times...)

He handled our tailgating crew like a savvy veteran, including a "fatherly chat" with the Professor's father. That important hurdle cleared, we then traveled west to Columbus, to visit my college roommate and see the Buckeyes. We enjoyed some spectacular fall foliage, visited some of my old favorite haunts and witnessed the awakening of the OSU offense on another cold and windy day....




























While in Ohio, we did not drive the two hours north to torture ourselves at a Browns game. I did return from the Buckeye State with a nasty cold, which figures, since I was finally feeling good after the whole neck debacle. Let's hope the illness is on its way out the door before next week's family venture to Disney.

Let's see, what else...

Oh yes, I checked my yahoo account for the first time in months and found I had more than 37,000 e-mails. Apparently, signing up for all the alerts on Freecycle in two counties and then not checking the e-mail account for several months was a huge mistake. Deleting more than 37,000 e-mails takes a lot of time. I currently have it down to 5,932.

I have also found time to pull over and watch beautiful sunsets as often as possible. It's time well spent...











That pretty much sums up October.

3 Comments:

  • At 10/28/2009 4:23 PM, Blogger dph said…

    You have more fun while injured than most do while healthy!

     
  • At 10/30/2009 7:42 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Ironically, now that I'm feeling better, all I want to do is sleep...

     
  • At 11/11/2009 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You went to Disney?? helllllooooo...I'm down the road...remember me...your most religious friend... I could pray bad prayers against you for not visiting me. - Mel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home