wine by the color

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Vicodin is good. I just thought I'd let you all know that.

---------------------------------------------------------------

My biggest fear was that Mangini would get fired by the Jets, then go to Cleveland and became a wild success, much like when Belichick left the Browns and then became a genius in New England. Well, clearly that ain't happening.

Here's a stunning recap of the disaster that is the Browns franchise since its return in 1999. Being a Jets fan isn't always easy, but it is definitely better than that torture.

---------------------------------------------------------------

When Le Anne Schreiber's tenure as the ombudsman of the Evil Empire ended earlier this year, I'm pretty sure the powers-that-be in Bristol decided they needed to replace her with someone who would much less critical.

Mission accomplished.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It's not exactly timely given that his passing is now a few weeks behind us, but Patrick Swayze starred in several movies that rank among my all-time favorites. Honestly, I would be hard-pressed to name a quintent by a single actor that could challenge the joy these brought me:

The Outsiders


Red Dawn


Dirty Dancing


Road House


And this classic Saturday Night Live skit, which I can't embed and is not a movie but is a gem nonetheless.

Honorable mention would be given to Point Break, not Ghost. I was never a huge fan of that flick. Too much Whoopi Goldberg for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After being more or less immobile for the past four days, I'm going to try to pull myself together later today to join the Captain and some of our friends to see Ron White. It's probably going to be painful but it should be worth it.

6 Comments:

  • At 10/05/2009 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Morgan Freeman
    Shawshank
    Seven
    Outbreak
    Kiss the Girls

     
  • At 10/05/2009 8:20 AM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    Shawshank is one of my favorite movies of all time so I can definitely support that, but I did not care for Seven at all. I found it rather upsetting.

    But I would throw Million Dollar Baby on Freeman's best-of list. And I really enjoyed Gone Baby Gone.

     
  • At 10/05/2009 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seven was an awesome movie, not shown enough on cable. Actually, I have not seen it in a long time.

    BB

     
  • At 10/06/2009 5:01 PM, Blogger Brooke said…

    Cleveland fans can suck it.

    Love,
    A Steelers fan

     
  • At 10/07/2009 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate Brett Farve. The more I think about it, he is more and more of a scum bag. Think about what the NYJ season could be this season with him throwing with a healthy arm. The Jets still could have traded up, taken Crabtree/Harvin and we all would be going to Miami in early 2010. He knew he could play, he knew he wanted to play and he knew where he wanted to play. If it looks like shit and smells like shit, it is shit. How did he get away with this. If he wins a Superbowl, I am going to throw up in my mouth a little.

    Instead we are left wondering if we could win a Superbowl like the Ravens did, soley on defense.

    At least I have two Springsteen shows coming up to cheer me up and I was lucky enough to get NYJ non PSL seats, granted they are row 24 (of 26) in the corner of the endzone. Not sure if "Luck" is the right word there.

    BB

     
  • At 10/07/2009 4:38 PM, Blogger jersey girl said…

    I understand the anti-Favre feelings, trust me. But I also blame the Packers for this situation. They're the ones who a year ago said, hey, we don't want you as our quarterback anymore but we also don't want you to play for the Vikings. They should have just cut him and let him go where he wanted. Then he would never have wound up on the Jets.

    That said, let's see if things are still so rosy in Minnesota two months from now. I don't see him lasting the whole season. But if he does, hey, good for him.

    We're going on Friday night. I was supposed to go last week but the neck kept me out of action. I'm still a bit of a mess but unless I'm on a gurney, I'll be there Friday.

    And I'm very glad to hear the Jets news. Even though you're only there for a few games a season, it wouldn't be the same without you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home