wine by the color

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Today is one of my favorite days of the year, the OSU-Michigan football game. Normally, I'd be holed up in a tavern, enjoying Guinness, bar food and, at least in recent years, an ass-whupping by the Buckeyes. This year, thanks to a raging case of strep throat, I'll be parked on the couch. Had the doctor's assistant properly diagnosed my illness when I first went, four days ago, I'd be up and about and ready to head out for the game. But no. Bygones.

Fortunately, my Buckeye brethern has sent along a variety of Big Game material for my enjoyment...











Twas the night before game time,
And all round the shoe,
Not a creature was sleeping,
They were screaming Beat Blue.
The banners were hung by the lamp posts with care
in hopes that St. Todd would find Robiski through the air.
Drunken and crazy and burning their beds,
While visions of kick off danced through their heads.
When all of the sudden there arose such a clatter,...
I sprang from the keg to see what was the matter.
When there in the sky, in a Coupe Deville sleigh,
Was Woody Hayes decked out in scarlet and gray.
He looked on the crowd that was gathered around,
And said that he heard that a game was in town.
I came here to watch it, and wish you good luck.
Though it's not like you need it, cause Michigan Sucks!
GO BUCKS!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home