wine by the color

Monday, January 25, 2010

Despite my loathing for most things Evil Empire, I am a big fan of ESPN's Mike & Mike. I watch the show while getting ready in the morning and then listen while driving to work. Early this morning, just as I arrived home after driving north from the Captain's house, I listened to Greenberg tease their next segment by saying that the column he would read after the break would help explain the passion of sports fans.

I had a feeling I knew what he was about to talk about: this. And that's exactly what he did, taking the time to read part of this beauty of a column from a dear friend of mine.

The Jets' loss yesterday was certainly disappointing, although there's no shame in losing to a better team and an incredible quarterback. But that we were even watching the Jets play in late January was alone worth celebrating, and gave me and my fellow Jets fans a chance to enjoy a fun, unexpected run. I exchanged so many text messages over the past three weeks that my phone actually informed me it was at 100 percent capacity late yesterday, shortly before it died.

For the first time in years, I'm encouraged for next season. I was very impressed with how Sanchez played yesterday. Excited about the rookie running back who seemingly came out of nowhere. Love the coach. Eight months until opening day...

Oh, as for what happened in the other game? Let's just say I am EXTREMELY glad His Holiness is not still our QB. Had he been wearing a Jets uniform when he threw that interception at the end of the game, I surely would not have survived it. It was painful to watch as it was, but that would have been devastating.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/25/2010 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice job by Bill. Hopefully his father was sitting next to my parents enjoying the game. I too stopped by the cemetary on Saturday, not to ask for help with a NYJ win, but to let them know it was a big day and hoping they were enjoying too.

    BB

     
  • At 1/25/2010 9:26 PM, Blogger dph said…

    JerseyGirl,

    When the AFC game ended I thought, "gee, Jets fans must be encouraged for next year." I see that I got that one right.

    Welcome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home