wine by the color

Monday, May 12, 2008

For reasons I can't fully explain, I still subscribe to the local newspaper. But the paper is actually delivered to my brother's house, given that I am on the road constantly and I don't want the papers piling up on the doorstep. So it's not unusual for me to read a week's worth of news at a time to catch up after I return home.

Then, add to that the heap of magazines (current subscriptions: two weekly and seven monthly publications) that accumulate while I am traveling and it's a wonder I actually ever sit down and read anything. (Please make note of that as it will be the reason I use in late December to explain the inevitable failure of #3.)

This is all a long-winded way of explaining why I didn't read this in the New York Times until today. I have had the occasion to interact with Friedman through my job on occasion and really enjoy his work.

And while I am still quite fortunate to have both my parents, in the past months I have had several friends lose a parent, which made this all the more poignant.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home